Are you troubled with bad snoring habits? Then, here’s what you can do! Snoring happens when tissues in the back of the throat vibrate as air passes over them while sleeping. There are a couple of methods to deal with snoring. Few medical and few natural!
Some Natural Tips to Cure Snoring:
Reduce some weight. The reason is pretty simple. Overweight people carry additional fat around their necks which narrows their airways and results in snoring.
Change your sleeping position. If you sleep on your back then your airways can be blocked or narrowed. Sleeping on your side is generally suggested.
Figure out your own snoring patterns. Getting to know more about when and where you snore, as well as what might be leading you to snore more, is the initial move towards trying to make a change.
Cut down on alcohol and cigarettes. If you drink alcohol more often, specifically before bed that might be the cause of your snoring. Smoking irritates your throat tissues resulting in inflammation that causes snores.
Drink more water. Staying hydrated is always the best method, especially if you’re a snorer. Dehydration causes mucus to form in your nose which could make you snore.
Get proper sleep. Weariness can relax your throat and tongue muscles and make you snore. It’s essential to sleep for 7 to 9 hours every night.
Now if you’re suffering from extreme snoring troubles then reach out to our dentist at Lakeshore Family Dental Care to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Sleep apnea is a kind of sleep disorder that affects an individual’s breathing while he or she is sleeping. There are two major kinds of sleep apnea—Central and Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Check Out Its Symptoms:
- Frequent, loud snoring
- Choking, snorting, or gasping while asleep
- Restless sleep or insomnia and waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue
- Waking up many times a night to urinate
- Morning headache
Some natural tips to cure Sleep Apnea:
For mild cases of sleep apnea, lifestyle changes may be enough to treat the problem.
- Lose weight. Even some amount of weight loss can open up your throat and improve sleep apnea symptoms.
- Exercise. Aerobic exercise, resistance training, and yoga are all recommendable choices for strengthening the muscles in your airways and enhancing breathing.
- Sleep on your side. Lying on your back is the worst position for sleep apnea, as it makes the jaw, tongue, and other soft tissues to drop back toward the throat, narrowing your airway. Lying on your side enables you to keep your airway open.
- Avoid alcohol, anti-anxiety medication, and other sedatives, particularly before bedtime, because they relax the muscles in the throat and disturb breathing.
Sleep apnea can also lead to several health issues—in some cases life-threatening, like heart disease and depression. So it’s important to take it seriously. If you suspect sleep apnea, talk to your doctor without delay.
If you’re looking for the best ‘Dentist near Me’ in Whitehall, MI, then surely visit us at Lakeshore Family Dental Care where you can get the best treatment for your oral conditions.