If you have one or more missing teeth and intend to replace them, it’s safe to assume you want your new pearly whites to look and feel like natural teeth. Then dental implants are your best option. They merge into or onto your jawbone beneath the gums, working in the same way as the natural teeth. So, whether you’ve been dealing with traditional dentures or bridges, or if you just need a single crown or two, modern dental implants may give you something to smile about.
What Are Dental Implants?
Let us start with an overview of dental implants. Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are used to replace natural tooth roots. Implants serve as a solid basis for either fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are custom-made to match your original teeth.
WHY ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS USED?
Learn how to take care of your dental implants. The issue of missing teeth can arise at any time in one’s life. Dental loss can occur as a result of trauma, an accident, severe gum disease, tooth decay, or even poor oral hygiene. If left untreated, missing teeth can have a variety of problems, including:
- Speech problems caused by a gap left by one or more missing teeth
- Chewing Difficulties
- Pain in the jaw’s facial muscles as a result of an incorrect bite caused by missing teeth
- Tooth decay and gum disease develop over time as a result of plaque collection and food trapping in the gap formed by missing teeth.
- The improper bite caused by a tilt of neighboring teeth into the empty areas left by a missing tooth
- Untreated missing teeth can detract from the face look, resulting in low self-esteem or lack of confidence.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide numerous advantages, which include:
- Enhancement of looks – Dental implants have the same appearance and feel like natural teeth. They are also permanent since they are designed to fuse with the bone.
- Improved speech – Teeth might shift within the mouth with ill-fitting dentures, leading you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak freely without worrying about your teeth slipping.
- Improved comfort – Since implants become a part of you, they reduce the discomfort associated with removable dentures.
- Easier to eat – Dental implants function in the same way as your natural teeth, allowing you to consume your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem – Dental implants might help you regain your smile and feel better about yourself.
- Better oral health – Dental implants, unlike tooth-supported bridges, do not necessitate the reduction of neighboring teeth. Because adjacent teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your natural teeth are retained, leading to greater long-term oral health. Individual implants also make cleaning between teeth easier, which improves dental hygiene.
- Durability – Implants have a very long lifespan and will last for many years. Many implants, if properly maintained, can last a lifetime.
- Convenience – Dental implants eliminate the embarrassment of removing dentures and the necessity for sticky adhesives to keep them in place.
We hope you found this blog beneficial in learning more about dental implants. Visit Lake Shore Family Dental Care in Whitehall, MI if you’re looking for the best dental implant services. Schedule your appointment today.